1.11.2011

Stella

It's probably an impossible thing to ask child to sit in one place for hours to have their portrait painted but it's even tricky to convince them to sit still for a photo. I wasn't about to ask Stella to sit for hours. I just needed a few pics to use for the painting later. Luckily Stella's father came to the rescue and like any good parent pulled out his iPad and started playing a movie. Things went pretty well after that and I got the photos I needed. Thanks for being patient with us adults Stella... and thanks for sitting still!

For artists who are interested in the the details of painting a portrait I will be posting a photo demonstration of this painting soon that you might find helpful. Stay tuned!

Stella, 16x12 in., oil on linen

5 comments:

AnnG said...

Looks great! Also looks like it was done from life.

Vicki said...

I love this portrait. You captured her sweet expression.

Cara said...

This is wonderful -

Kim Rempel said...

Gorgeous! Your brushwork, the glow, the bow in her hair..masterfully painted!

Rose said...

What a great captured! Justin, you are amazing. I love her smile and her eyes.